-- Newsletters --

 

Free Newsletters About Tinnitus!

Enter your Email


What Happened to the Experiment ?

A few months ago I started an experiment using a tinnitus formula. The formula involved was in fact a high dosage of Gingko Biloba ( 240mg). I was advised to take 2 caps a day for a period of approx. 3 months. I did receive a lot of feedback from people and friends advising not to experiment using drugs but after careful thought and consultation with my doctor I decided to try anyway.

I figured "nothing from nothing leaves nothing" and since I had nothing to loose anyway I stated taking the capsules on a daily basis. So after 3 months of downing 2 tabs a day without missing any out, the results left a lot to be desired. I must admit the capsules did not harm me in any way but regardless of this the tinnitus remains unchanged.

So...where does this leave me?

I have been speaking to many tinnitus victims lately and they all have one thing in common. Whenever taking tinnitus remedies or other drugs and therapies a pattern develops which is evident in the majority. Most tinnitus victims tend to be unpatient and expect results quicker than can be expected. This is no surprise when you stop to think of what these people are listeng to on a 24/7 basis.

It is a fact that when someone taking capsules which promises Tinnitus relief they will expect something to happen which in fact beats the object itself. Waiting for results can be frustrating for someone who has paid anything in excess of $ 100,00 for their tinnitus remedies. When taking taking remedies or going through therapy one adapts an attitude of "great expectations". I found myself checking the tinnitus sound after only 5 days to see if it was changing.

After 1 month I couldn't detect any difference but kept taking the caps anyway. I do remember even trying hard to detect a difference, in fact I even once made myself believe that the caps were having an positive effect on the tinnitus. After 3 months I conceded and gave up. I still have the caps here but I think I´ll throw them and forget the whole matter.

This doesn't mean that a tinnitus remedy wont work for you though, it just didn't work for me. I would strongly recommend anyone to think about what they are doing and what results they expect before embarking on a tinnitus remedy therapy and be ready to accept the fact that taking caps MAY not work. That's the thing about tinnitus I hate so much. One is always on the lookout for new therapies. One is always good bait !